Posted in Uncategorized on February 15, 2011|
2 Comments »
10 Favourite Non-Knitting Blogs
1. SouleMama: I love this warm, family centred blog. It makes me so happy to read/see a family so connected. (disclaimer: there has been some knitting on this blog…)
2. Posie Gets Cosy: Another happy craft/home centred blog – with a clever little dog too.
3. Further Dispatches: Hilarious and lighthearted posts about dogs, travel, gardening, as-seen-on-tv products etc.
4. Handmade Chronicles: I adore the writer of this blog. She’s uber talented! and…just could be a relative…
5. Trailer Tracker: Wondering what to see next? This guy’s got you covered! He could be another relative…
6. A Way to Garden: Just started following this blog. I love her gorgeous photos. Her garden knowledge is intimidating! And inspiring.
7. Oh, Fransson!: Delightful quilting blog. She has fun projects and easy to follow tutorials. Plus…a new book…I have no idea what her blog’s title is referring to…nor am I inclined to find out. I like hearing it in a bad rendition of a Quebecois accent. 😉
8. Losing It: Jillian Michaels’ blogs tips for diet, excercise, nutrition etc. Super informative. (I didn’t include the link because her blog is a commercial site)
9. Hula Seventy: Awesome photo-centric blog
10. Some Girls Wander: I love, love this woman’s style. Wishing I had the nerve/figure to carry it off myself. Hmmm….something to work on.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Movies, tagged academy awards, amadeus, best picture, gigi, godfather 2, gone with the wind, life is beautiful, lord of the rings, my fair lady, oscar, out of africa, rebecca, schindler's list, sound of music, the last emperor on February 8, 2011|
Leave a Comment »
Just in time for Oscar season!
10 Favourite Best Picture Winners
1. Amadeus — how I love this movie!!
2. Out of Africa – makes me cry like a baby. The music alone can do that!
3. Gone With the Wind – totally remember renting a video player in the silver case and spending an entire evening as a family watching this — 2 videos! An intermission people!
4. The Sound of Music — here comes the parade of musicals. Our family was into these in a big way…Eidelweiss broke my heart. 😦
5. My Fair Lady — aayyyohhh guv-nah. I do believe this was the very first film I saw with…gasp:Swearing!
6. Gigi — 2nd only to Show Boat, this was my favourite musical as a child. I haven’t watched it as an adult – I have a feeling it won’t hold up well. I thought Leslie Caron was the most beautiful girl/woman I had ever seen. I loved her bangs.
7. The Godfather Part 2 — love the music, love the young De Niro and Pacino meerroww!
8. Rebecca — so moody and mysterious.
9. The Last Emperor — don’t remember a lot of this movie (well, except for that wetnurse for the full grown child!) but distinctly recall being stunned by the beauty of the filming.
10. LotR — though I think that the 1st movie should have won.
and just one more….
11. Schindler’s List — I’m still not recovered.
And while we’re on the topic…Someone tell me how Life is Beautiful is not a Best Picture??
Read Full Post »