Book Meme?! How fun.
1. One book that changed your life: Child of The Morning – the fictional biographical tale of the only female Pharoah to rule Egypt, Hatshepsut.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Little Women, Gone With the Wind & The Hobbit are yearly reads for me.
3. One book that you’d want on a desert island: That would have to be the Complete Works of Shakespeare for sheer variety and total indulgence.
4. One book that made you laugh: The Van by Roddy Doyle. “My man Phantom of the Opera.” for starters.
5. One book that made you cry: Just one? Oh I have to think about this one… Deep End of the Ocean.
6. One book you wish you had written: Since I haven’t written any books this list could be limitless.
7. One book you wish had never been written: Really? How about I wish I had never READ? That would be American Psycho. That book made me ill. I read it on purpose because there was such a cry for censorship around it. I nearly, nearly considered that censorship may have a place in society afterall after reading it. When I found out my little brother read it I nearly cried – luckily he found it upsetting and a great conversation ensued. So censorship be damned – and this question sounded like a case for censorship (unless I am taking the meme too seriously and God knows that can happen).
8. One book you’re currently reading: The Scarlet Pimpernel – I’m finding it so-so thus far.
9. One book you have been meaning to read: Moby Dick – for like ever.